Human Resources & Organizational Development Strategist
Full-Time Exempt, Contractor
The Winters Group is seeking a Human Resources (HR) & Organizational Development (OD) Strategist to lead and support the development and delivery of HR and OD strategies, frameworks, policies and procedures in line with the company’s Strategic Plan and People Plan. It is a key role in managing change and ensuring the achievement of the company’s strategic goals. The primary role of the HR and OD Strategist is to translate business strategies into HR and OD priorities. Broad areas of responsibility for the Strategist include workforce planning and talent acquisition; employee engagement and development, recognition framework and other HR policies, design change management processes, design appropriate inhouse education (e.g., teamwork, time management) projects and initiatives as assigned.
The HR & OD Strategist is primarily responsible for:
Human Resource and OD Strategies:
- Formulates innovative HR and OD initiatives, combining strategic business plans with possible changes in the corporate culture and people management practices.
- Ensures that HR and OD strategies are integrated vertically with the company’s Strategic Plan and horizontally with one another.
HR Policy, Projects and Initiatives:
- Supports the company by leading the development of policies and programs which are the framework of the employment relationship of people with the company.
- Provides strategic direction and leadership on the development of HR policies, projects and initiatives across the company.
- Researches best practices to enable the best design of company policies.
- Project manages the development, implementation and review of HR policies.
- Evaluates the results of HR projects and initiatives to ensure expectations are met and determines next steps for improvement and sustainability.
- Assesses the equity and diversity impact of all HR policies.
Employee Development & Engagement:
- Provides direction, advice and support on employee engagement.
- Provides direction, advice and support on employee development.
- Develops a coordinated and consistent approach to the way in which the company engages with all staff directly and indirectly on HR related matters.
- Develops and implements communication strategies and other mechanisms to ensure company leadership and employees are apprised of corporate HR programs and initiatives.
- Develops and implements performance evaluation system.
Talent Acquisition & Management:
- Leads talent acquisition function including screening, interviewing and making hiring recommendations.
- Guides the development and implementation of a succession management program for the company.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Systems thinker with the ability to conceptualize processes, procedures and best practices to support and grow The Winters Group people resources.
- Understands the nature of small businesses.
- Demonstrated expertise and skills in leading change initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively contribute in a team environment and influence people to outcomes.
- Ability to see both the bigger picture and the detail in order to set a clear direction and develop goals that align with the company’s priorities and deliver results.
- Understands Labor Law and employment equity regulations.
- Ability to work comfortably under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a virtual work environment.
- Bachelor ’s degree in relevant discipline such as Leadership, Human Resources or Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Advance qualification (degrees, certifications, etc.) is preferable.
- Five years administrative, planning, and leadership experience.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
This role is 100% virtual, with limited travel required.
Job Type: Full-Time Exempt, Contractor
Apply to this job via the form below. Only applications submitted via this form will be considered.