Anticipating the future is being much more difficult in the complex, global world. The Winters Group team serves as thought partners with our clients to help raise the right questions, debate the key issues and set a course of action that aims towards the vision. Using a systems approach, we look for interconnections and interdependencies and key leverage points that will lead towards achieving the organizational vision.
In a variety of venues such as strategic planning sessions, team building and other group facilitation models, we engage clients in the process of thinking using the model described below.
Taking a Stand and Getting Focused
- What are we trying to do? Why do we want to do it? What will it look like when its done?
- What is our individual passion for doing it? Who needs to be on board? (stakeholders)
- How hard will it be? Are we committed for the long haul?
Taking Action to Promote Discovery
- Where are we now? What are our current organizational realities?
- How far is that from where we want to be? (gap analysis)
- What is at the root/core of our current state?
- What do we need to do to change our current course? What are the systems dynamics – the ebbs and flows – the key leverage points?
Choosing a Direction
- In what direction should we go? What is the most desired path for the future? Why? What business goals will we be able to achieve if we choose this path?
- What do we know about this course of action? (What are the givens?) What are the unknowns – the unchartered waters? What are the underlying assumptions?
Cutting a Path and Clearing the Way
- What are the barriers that will prevent us from achieving the vision?
- Who needs to be engaged in cutting the path? What skills and abilities are required to cut the path?
- What will we do if we discover that we are moving in the wrong direction?
- What are the mileposts along the way that will let us know that we are moving in the right direction?
Blazing the Trail/Living the Vision
- We can see the other side. We have critical mass that is engaged in transformative behavior. There is great momentum. There is no turning back. We have forgotten the old ways. An exciting new culture emerges that fulfills the vision.
- Perpetual Stewardship is now required. Continuous recommitment, evaluation and course corrections will be required to maintain and continuously improve